Day 5: Apps and Blog Resources

1 comment

Welcome back to Day 5 of our 7-Day Blogger Quick Start. So, we've covered a lot of stuff that has gotten you the look and started to set you up on content. That means its time for the fun stuff.....APPS and other Blog Resources.

Miss Day 4? Read it here.

You - What do you mean? There's help out there for me? I don't have to do everything myself and can make it look professional when its just a Susie homemaker doing all the work?

Me - HECK YEAH! 

One of the best things that has happened in the world of blogging have been the technological revolution. I swear. There are SO many new things that come out everyday that not only benefit your 15 year old kid in high school, but yes Mom...you too.

Here is a collection of just a handful of apps and blogging resources that I have come across over the last 2 years of blogging. At the end of this if you know of any more PLEASE feel free to leave a comment so I can go check it out myself.


Picture Apps

If you have been a Beachbody coach for more than a few weeks then you have probably already heard about this site from your sponsored coach. It is FANTASTIC! 

This site is like a laymen's version of Adobe Photoshop. Unlike Photoshop, it is very easy to learn because of its limited capabilities. Although it may not have all the features of Photoshop, this site offers more than enough capabilities for the novice to expert in photo editing.

As mentioned earlier in this series, you can use PicMonkey.com to remove or change out the background of an picture you might have. It also features tons of preloaded fonts, filters, sticker aka "overlays", shapes, themes, frames, and even touch up capablity. Like I said, more than enough to get your started and really bring your banner/image making skills up. You're new prospects will never know you just started because you will look just as legit and the top coaches. 

Care to see an example? Check out the banner below that I made for February's launch of the 21 Day Fix Extreme. After Googling "21 Day Fix Extreme" and "21 Day Fix png" I found the image of Autumn and the product image already with a transparent background. Score! If you are interested in watching a video of how exactly I made this banner I would be more than happy to record one. Post a message in the comment box if you would.




Adobe Photography Plan - $9.99/mo or $119.99/yr

If you are looking to take your picture editing to the next level then Adobe's Photography plan is what you want. This bundle comes with access to both Photoshop CC as well as Lightroom. These programs are powerful and the capabilities are endless. Truely the creme de la creme of photo editing.

These programs require a 12-month contract to either make monthly or annual payments. This might seem expensive, but it's seriously a bargain considering each of them has their own single-app membership of $19.99/month. Want ALL the Adobe Creative Cloud apps? That plan is $49.99/mo with a 1-year commitment. 


Email Service


MadMimi

This is a great free service. It is a more female friendly version of Constant Contact or ChimpMail. I
haven't used Constant Contact but a previous employer did. I have tried ChimpMail. It was ok. I like MadMimi the best. It was easier to use and I like the colors and graphics. I've been using the free plan for over a year now and have not found the need yet to upgrade to premium. In time when my list out contacts exceeds the limit for the free plan I probably will.

It is has multiple features that I really like. You can keep multiple contact lists. So let's say you want to get info across to all your personally sponsored coaches, but not your challengers. No problem. Just create a separate list for each. Want people to be able to follow your blog by email, you can make a small form like the on in my right banner and have it linked to a separate list where just your blog followers will be.

My favorite thing to use MadMimi for is sending periodic newsletter with sales and update info to any people that choose me. Here is an example

Set up Free account here 

3rd Parties Apps that help People Follow You


Bloglovin'

Bloglovin' is a website that allows it users to collect or kind of bookmark all their favorite blogs in one spot then email them daily with all the new posts for each blog. This is a great place to also find new blogs to follow. So by creating an account here (aka linking you blog to Bloglovin') you create another avenue for you to be seen. I use Bloglovin' and have quite a following. This website also works with 3rd Party apps like Rafflecopter that blogges use in giveaways. So by having an account here you can participate additionally in giveaways. I'll elaborate on this more on Day 6.

If you are interested how your blog looks on Bloglovin' versus Blogger scroll up and click the "Follow me on Bloglovin'" button I have in my sidebar.

When you are ready to connect your blog to Bloglovin' check out my tutorial How To Add Bloglovin' To Your Blog.


Continuing Education

Skillshare

If you are anything like me you are not only a do-it-yourselfer but also someone that really wants to learn. This website is fantastic! There are hundreds of amazing classes online that cover topics in Design, Photography, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Blogging, Culinary, Gaming and a lot more.

So, if you are wanting to step up your photo editing skills with Adobe Photography then this is GREAT addition. They also have a partnership with Adobe and can now offer you 15% off Creative Cloud. Check out the Skillshare website for details.

Use the link below to get a free month of Skillshare Membership and unlimited access to these classes.

For a FREE month of membership check it out here.


So, theses are my favorites and websites I strongly recommend you checking out as you get settled bother into the blogging world but also your Beachbody business. If you think there is something missing from my list feel free to drop a message in the comments below and I will gladly check it out. I'm always open to learning new things.

Ready for Day 6? Read it here.

Happy Tuesday!


1 comment:

  1. I did not realize MadMimi was free - I've added it to my potentials for email solutions for my son-to-be- blog!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.