Help Me Help You!

7 comments

As a Beachbody Coach and personal trainer, I had to laugh the first time I saw this graphic flowing around Pinterest.

It is so in your face and blunt. Calls you out. No dancing around the excuses.

There are many styles when it comes to being a coach. Some coaches are strong, and blunt like this picture. Others are soft but still are strong and encouraging....that's totally me.

This made me think of how people in a leadership role manage others, whether in fitness or in business, sometimes they feel the strongest more intimidating approach is the best way to get people to work harder. I'm sorry but that's not necessarily the case.

There are all sorts of personalities out there that have different things they've experienced in their lives. Some respond to positive reinforcement while others thrive to overcome the negative. 

I personally like to be coached with a more soft yet strong approach so that is the way I am towards. 

That being said, we coaches aren't mind readers. If you are investing your time and hard earned money into personal training or fitness groups make sure to talk to your trainer/coach and tell them how you are best motivated. 

Help Us Help you!

Happy Friday!


7 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed that you are a coach. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's for sharing! I'm going to be starting physical therapy and I should probably tell the PT how best to motivate me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely the approach I have to use with my husband - and he NEVER regrets doing a workout, although he ALWAYS regrets it when he doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Sounds like my husband! He used to be a triathlete then age and kid caught up with him. He makes more excuses than my 3 yr old. lol Tough love is the best love...sometimes.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.