Thursday: I'm Hanging on for Dear Life!

16 comments
It's THURSDAY! Wahoo! The weekend is SO close I can almost taste it! haha

So, how has your week been so far? Just another typical daily grind? Routinely uneventful? Yeah, I know the feeling.

As a stay-at-home-mom (SAHM)...or as I prefer to put it WORK-at-home- mom because all we do at home is some kind of work... most days are pretty uneventful.

Day in and day out, the daily routine is pretty much the same. Having more kids in the house than spaces for car seats in the car makes you a prisoner in your own home.

The winter weather only makes it worse because you can't leave the house and escape to the backyard like you can during the summer. Ah, summer...how I miss you.

So, what's a girl to do?? What do YOU do?

Well, wallowing in the negatives is out. With little ones around, letting yourself get down will only make your day and theirs a heck of a lot worse! SO, here are a few things I do when I start to feel that grey cloud forming over my head.

Compare Myself to Others

Yeah, I said it. I'm sure you're scratching your head right now. I normally don't suggest this but it depends on the approach you take. I DO recommend looking at others around you that also have it hard right now and I DO  recommend focusing on the fact that they may have it worse.

Yes, I'm stuck in my house all day BUT I do love my home and am very blessed to live in it. Others may not have what I have and I have to thank God for this, and my super hard working husband of course.

Yes, I'm surrounded by kids all day long and don't speak to another adult in person until their parents come to pick them up BUT I do get to work from home and make my own schedule. There are SO many people out there that HATE their jobs and would LOVE to work from home. Again....gotta thank God and my husband for this opportunity.

Read Personal Development DAILY

You may be thinking to yourself one of two things...What is personal development?...or I thought only business people do that, I don't need that crap.

The truth is anyone can work on personal development and when it comes to books there are hundreds out there for all sorts of development. Here are a few that I'm reading or listening to on Audible right now.

1. The List: Shout Out Your Dream 
by Yuval Abramovitz

I was originally drawn to this book by the title. You see I'm a big list-maker. I love writing a daily to-do list with my favorite purple EnergGel pen by Pentel and love the instant gratification of checking things off my list. I know its a little silly and mundane but I love it. haha Sometimes its the simple things in life that give you the greatest pleasures. But after I started getting into it I really enjoyed hearing about his journey and all the lessons he learned along the way.

Read more about this review HERE.

---

 2. #Girlboss 
by Sophia Amorusa

The is a great first book to read for any woman that is looking or inspiration and motivation to taking her idea and turning it into a business. I went to college but I didn't go to business school. In hind sight, minoring in business would've been hugely helpful.

That being said, Sophia proves that traditional education is NOT the determining factor to success. At one point renting a closet in a friend's home to live out of, she turned her fashion business from this little shop on Ebay to a $100+ million dollar online fashion retailer.

Wow! Talk about girl power?! How can you NOT be inspired and motivated by that???


To see more AWESOME books check out my Personal Development page above.

Eat Something

Now I bet you're REALLY scratching your head. Did I just say eat for comfort? Yes....and no. 

What you eat dramatically effects yours mood. If you're eating a lot of processed stuff you are sure to find yourself feeling down in the dumps on many of an occasion. I swear its your body putting you in a time out for all the junk you just sent down the shoot.

To help get yourself out of mental funk don't reach for the the stuff that takes almost doesn't need and expiration date, instead reach for the good 'ole God grown, healthy, natural, clean stuff. The more colorful the fruit or vegetable, the more you're likely to start feeling better. 

Another great comfort food option is Shakeology. It's a nutrient dense meal replacement by the guys at Beachbody. I started drinking it when I did my first challenge and fell in love with it instantly. I've been drinking protein shakes since I was in my twenties and later in my 30s started the whole green smoothie thing. Once I had my daughter, that quickly fell to the way side. It was just too time consuming. So, when I learned about Shakeology and gave it a shot I was amazed by all the different benefits I was noticing after drinking it for a week. 

Having PCOS my mood swings can be pretty BAD. Most days its like I'm pregnant but not...you know that bitchy, irritable mood swing thing. Oh yeah. Not fun.

But once I started drinking Shakeology I noticed my sweet ole, easy going self coming back and staying more present. That grumpy side of me rarely came out. Now if I go a few days without it and notice my patience start to waiver, I know I've gone too long within out super healthy smoothie fix. So, now I drink it daily.

For more information on Shakeology head over to my site HERE. For the most savings, bundle it in a challenge pack. These are only available through a Beachbody coach. I'd love to be yours!

Click HERE or check out the banner on the Bloglovin' button on the right.


Never heard of it? Interested or been meaning to try? Message me at hello@sassysmidgens.com. I'd love to tell you more about my story and the stories of how it has been benefiting my clients. 


Have a great Thursday!!


16 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the infor and I would love to know about your shakes. I may look up one or two of those books two.I'm not a stay at home mom but I do stay at home and am looking for a new career. You gave me some encouragement...thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shardaze! I'm so glad you enjoyed what I had to say. Shoot me an email at hello@sassysmidgens.com and I'd love to talk to you about both.

      Delete
  2. Nowadays, almost everybody has a camera. If you want to break out of your routine why not use it to take pictures of you and/or your family? Use your imagination here. You can plan a session in different rooms of your house or on different areas of your neighborhood. Plan to take photos in different positions, different smirks or all dressed in the same colors. You can also go to one of those booths in the malls where you can take different photos in a short amount of time. That sounds like lots of fun. If you want, you can invest in a proper session with a professional (this is not necessarily expensive).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea Sandy. And the photo booth idea sounds like a lot of fun! Remember when we used to go and walk the mall in high school? My older sister has a shoe box full of those photo booth pictures she took with friends.

      Delete
  3. I've never tried Shakeology. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! If you decide you'd like to try it please let me know. I'd be happy to get you set up with some. :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Ashley. Email me at Hello@sassysmidgens.com. I'd love to chat and tell you more about it or you can do so on my site here --> http://www.shakeology.com/sassysmidgens

      Delete
  5. I had never heard of shakeology. I am going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dawn. Thanks for commenting! Email me at Hello@sassysmidgens.com. I'd love to chat and tell you more about it as well as how to get it at a discount. You can also learn more about it at http://www.shakeology.com/sassysmidgens

      Delete
  6. These are some awesome tips. I have recently began hearing about shakeology. Will look into it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa. Thanks I'm glad you liked them. That's great you've heard about it. If you have any questions email me at Hello@sassysmidgens.com. I'd love to chat with you and answer them as well as how to get it at a discount. You can also learn more about it at http://www.shakeology.com/sassysmidgens

      Delete
  7. I'm also a SAHM to 4 and with the youngest being 9 months, most days we spend a lot of time in the house. Having a daily routine really helps keep my sanity!

    Jen@jpabstfitness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw 9 months! I miss those days. Is your little one walking yet?? Eva started at that age. Everyone told me I still had time. She had other plans. haha

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the tips. I'm not a stay-at-home mom, but I've had reduced hours at work so I've been cooped up in the house a lot this winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's such a bummer!!! Hope you are coping well!!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.